I want to congratulate all our 4th, 5th and 6th Grade band members who performed so well at last night’s Recital Night. In total, you heard 20 ensembles and a total of 121 participants – a 92% participation rate! If you have any photos of the children playing on stage that you can share, I’d love it if you’d send them to me.
I’d be remiss if I didn’t acknowledge the people who helped the evening run on time and make it a success for everyone:
- Mr. Brockelbank and Mr. Flewelling, who have worked tirelessly to help the children reach this level of achievement and play with confidence
- Spofford Band Parent coordinator Mrs. Palmer, who has been a stalwart supporter, organizer and assistant all year long
- Masco Middle schooler Luke Dumouchel, who volunteered as our sound engineer
- Mrs. Mugge, Mrs. Aronson, Mrs. Donnell, Mrs. McAuliffe, Mrs. Rice and Mrs. Thornborough whose assistance, under Mrs. Palmer’s leadership, allowed me to focus all my efforts in a musical direction and stayed afterward to help put things away.
- The Spofford custodial staff: Mr. Whiteneck, Mr. Clark and Mr. Delacruz who moved equipment and set up chairs for me.
I look forward to seeing you at tonight’s Beginning Band concert and/or the Pawtucket Red Sox performance on Sunday. Thanks so much for your support!
IMPORTANT BAND DATES
–– Fri., June 7th – Final Marching Band Rehearsal
-Sun,, June 9th – 12:25pm – Pawtucket Red Sox game – 5th & 6th Grade Bands performance
– Mon., June 10th – 5th Grade Jazz Band & 6th Grade Concert Band
– Tues., June 11th – 5th Grade Concert Band
-Tues., June 11th – 9:00am -All School Concert Assembly – 5th & 6th Grade concert & Jazz Bands
-Thurs., June 13 – 5:00pm – Rock Band performance at Maria’s Restaurant . Haverhill