The Boxford School Committee met on March 12th, and March 19th, focusing on budget deliberations for FY2021. While the BSC came to a tentative consensus to provide level service, we acknowledge the unusual circumstances in which we all find ourselves. Budget discussions will be ongoing in partnership with the FinCom, if and when further adjustments must be made.
The BSC received an update regarding the Cole School principal search. The selection committee continues to work towards narrowing down candidates, and completing application reviews and interviews remotely. It is likely, given the current circumstances of social distancing, there may be a delay in the timeline of meeting with candidates.
As March comes to a close, the Boxford School Committee wishes to extend its gratitude and stay-well wishes to the entire Boxford School Community. We understand that these unprecedented times have been trying for all of our families. Dr. Morrison and the Leadership Team continue to lead, support, and inform the community as quickly and accurately as possible. The strength and resilience of the Boxford Community continues to shine bright, in an otherwise difficult time.
4/9: Boxford School Committee Remote Meeting, 7-9pm.
4/23: Boxford School Committee Remote Meeting, 7-9pm
5/4: Projected Date of School Reopening
6/16: Tentative Town Meeting Rescheduled
6/30: Tentative Town Elections.